Melbourne Time

Vietnam Time

Hello, Nǐ hǎo, and Chào bạn.

My next trip is to Vietnam and China and I am very excited. I will be starting out in Saigon and working my way up north. From Hanoi, I will cross into China either by the International train or plane. This is about the pre-planning, the trip itself and after. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Cheers.

Click On Your Flag To Translate

When a tiger dies he leaves behind his skin. When a man dies he leaves behind his reputation.
Vietnamese proverb

In Memorium

Today is the 50th Anniversary of the Battle of Long Tan in Phuoc Tuy Province, South Vietnam which took place during the Vietnam War between the VC and North Vietnam and 1st Australian Task Force. 18 Australians and 245 Viet Cong soldiers died.

There would have been soldiers on both sides who were only 19.
In commemoration of those who died 50 years ago today. August 18, 1966.
.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

17. Document Wallet

It seems a long time since I've posted here and a lot has happened since my last one. I wanted a travel wallet that would hold passport, travel documents etc. I had one which was given my by Travel Concepts back in 2004 when I was going to the Gold Coast and it was good, but seeing as it was just plastic with plain plastic infold, it was starting to split at the top.

All the ones I saw were either made of leather or imitation leather and were too heavy - I wanted one made of fabric similar to the nylon that backpacks are made of. After hunting high and lo, I finally found what I was looking for at Kathmandu.

It came in three colours - red, black and grey (they call it granite). Now I love red, it's one of my favourite colours, but I didn't want the red - it'd stand out like a sore thumb - too easily noticeable. Didn't fancy the black either, but the grey one I did like - sort of conservative and doesn't stand out. In other words, being a dull colour, it doesn't scream "Look at me"!

The Departure Wallet is filled with features that keep travel documents neat and organised. External pockets allow you to access your documents quickly and easily while internal pockets keep your valuables safe and secure.
Approximate Measurements when folded are 13cm x 25cm and weights only 16g.

 
Above: Document wallet
Handy travel wallet with wrist wrap
External boarding pass sleeve
2 passport pockets
2 zipped currency pockets
Pen loop
8 card slots
Removable wrist strap


 
Above: Inside compartments
There's only one small problem. On the inside where the pockets for holding your passport are, the pocket on the left is slightly narrower than the pocket on the right, which means you can't slide your passport in as easily. I had thought of going back to Kathmandu and exchanging it but then thought, why worry about it - the other one might be just the same. I'll just make sure I use the right hand pocket.

Luckily for me, there was a sale on. The normal price was $40, but with the sale, it cost me $24.95. Now I just have to figure how to keep it safe!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...